“I have tried a hard time to set up the Netgear extender. I have applied each and every step to get the job done but I couldn’t. I fail to understand where I went wrong. Why am I unable to perform the new extender setup? Please help as I am tired of indulging myself into the extender setup process.”
You also have the same queries, don’t you? If yes, then take a deep breath because this post will work as a relaxation for you. Just stick to this page and get your extender configured within 5 minutes. Let’s get the ball rolling!
Netgear New Extender Setup | WPS Method
You might have tried the manual method to configure the extender, but over here, you will get the easiest method first to perform and complete the extender setup process. Keep reading!
- To complete the extender setup process via WPS feature, it is essential to keep your Netgear device and your internet router closer and put them on a steady power using working power sockets.
- Then, you need to press the extender’s WPS button and at the same time, press the WPS button on your host router.
Netgear new extender setup process is successfully done via the WPS feature. Now, connect your devices to the new extended WiFi network name, Netgear_ext SSID and start using the high-speed internet the way you want from any corner of your house, without the fear of WiFi signals to drop.
What happened? Can’t set up the WiFi range extender because your internet router doesn’t support the WPS feature? Need not to worry! Give the manual method a try again using our given instructions listed below.
New Extender Setup via Manual Instructions
Using the instructions listed below, take the plunge to set up the WiFi range extender. Let’s start over!
- Have you put your WiFi extender on power? Is it? OK then, proceed a little further by connecting it to your router’s WiFi.
- Now, take an Ethernet cable! Did you get it? Not yet? No worries! Take your time and after getting it, use it for connecting your WiFi extender and your client device like computer or laptop.
- After connecting the devices successfully, open a web browser and use mywifiext.net (extender’s) default web address to reach the extender login page.
If you see that the extender’s default web address is not working, you can also use the 192.168.1.250 IP. In the event, the extender’s IP address is not working either, then be sure that you are connected to the extender’s WiFi network name (SSID), Netgear_ext.
- Hit the Enter key once you are done.
- Thereafter, Google will put you on the extender’s login page where you have to input the login details of your Netgear device carefully and click on Log In.
Argh! Extender’s login details not working! Don’t freeze! It’s very common issue! You only need to ensure that the caps lock key was turned off and the shift key was not used by you while entering the extender’s login username and password.
Once you have the correct login details, click on the Log In button and access the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
You are done!
Getting access to the extender’s setup wizard is the indication that your extender setup process is about to complete. Yes, here to just have to apply a couple of steps highlighted on the particular page and save your changes.
Wasn’t the process of setting up WiFi range extender exciting and easy? So, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and connect all your devices to Netgear_ext SSID to stream your favorite shows and movies, do online shopping, and more.
We hope that you have completed the Netgear extender setup process while relaxing on your couch. And, we really anticipate that you won’t regret your decision to open this page and applying the instructions and method (s) provided here for setting up your WiFi range extender.